It’s really easy to get your hands on the tickets. Simply visit one of the 13 Waterstones stores taking part in this scavenger hunt (full list below) and take a picture of the competition sign in store. Then share the image in one of two ways:
- On Twitter using #ReadMockingjay along with your location e.g. #ReadMockingjay #Nottingham
- On Facebook tagging @thehungergamesbook and adding your location
The competition will close at midnight on Sunday 19th October 2014 and we’ll choose one winner per location to win a pair of tickets to the London premiere. Full terms and conditions apply, see below.
Waterstones stores taking part:
- Birmingham High Street
- Bristol Cribbs Causeway
- Edinburgh West End
- Glasgow Sauchiehall Street
- Manchester Trafford Centre
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
To enter this competition, visit one of the 13 Waterstones taking part in this activity and follow the instructions on the in store sign. You must take a picture of the sign and share it in the ways outlined in store.
1) Open to UK and Ireland residents who enter the competition before the closing date. If the winner is under the age of 16 s/he must have the consent of a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
2) On 20th October 2014 all entrants will be entered into a draw for the prize. Thirteen winners will be chosen, with one winner per location (the thirteen locations are: Belfast, Birmingham, Bluewater, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham). Each winner will receive a prize consisting of two tickets to the London premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 in November 2014. The prize will only include the two premiere tickets and not travel or food expenses.
3) a) The closing date for receipt of entries for the grand prize is midnight 19th October 2014. The draw will take place on Monday 20th October 2014 and the winner will be notified via social media. b) If contact cannot be made within one week of a draw being made, the prize for that draw will be forfeited. In this instance, a second draw will take place. c) The name of the winner(s) will be made available on request and receipt of a SAE. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4) No travel, accommodation or other expenses are covered in the prize(s) for this competition and, if under the age of 16, the winner of the grand prize will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
5) No purchase necessary to enter.
6) Only one entry per person. Bulk entries from any source will not be accepted.
7) Entries that are incomplete, illegible or fraudulent will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
8) This competition is not open to employees of Scholastic UK, Waterstones, Grapevine or Lionsgate, associated agents or anyone concerned with this promotion or to members of their immediate family.
9) This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer/promotion.
10) There are no cash alternatives.
11) Regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the websites.
12) Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
13) We reserve the right to (a) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
14) The promoter is Scholastic Ltd with offices at Euston House, 24 Eversholt St, London NW1 1DB.